June 24, July 22 and August 26
Summer Soul Care Sessions - ALL THREE (with discount!)
Care for your mind, body and spirit through connection and creativity. Get $5 off each session when you register for all three!
Time & Location
June 24, July 22 and August 26
About the Event
This past year has been hard on everyone. No matter who we are, we’ve not come through this passage unscathed. And it’s not over yet. We’re still walking an unmarked trail through a new and unfamiliar landscape. This is the part where we feel a bit like we’re emerging into the light, blinking, wondering what happened, coming to terms with all we’ve been through and trying to decide what parts of “normal” we actually want back. In this weird time, I’m longing for soul care and companions for the journey, which is why I created Soul Care Sessions. How about you?
Are you someone who…
...cares for others with your whole self, but find yourself feeling uninspired, depleted, and unsure how to refill your own cup? (Especially after the year we’ve had!)
...is feeling adrift and longing for deeper, more authentic connections with others?
...thinks the idea of a few precious hours to set cares aside, let your shoulders drop and laugh sounds like GOLD!?
...wonders what “self-care” really means?
...might have imagined exploring creativity and art-making in a safe and supportive community, free to make messes, be imperfect and play?
...can commit to a few hours once a month to connect and create, knowing you will walk away (hopefully!) feeling nourished and refreshed?
If so, please join me for SOUL CARE SESSIONS this summer.
What exactly IS a Soul Care Session?
While each session will be slightly different, they will all include:
- A short (10-15 minute) guided meditation to help us fully arrive and settle in.
- A creative activity you'll do on your own, but in the company of others.
- Time and space to listen and share about your experience if you want to.
o June Session Activity: Wisdom Cards - What questions is your soul asking right now? We’ll create three 5”x7”(ish) cards using watercolor paper and collage elements, then use the cards to access our intuition for guidance around a few “soul questions”.
o July Session Activity: Full Hearts - How's Your Heart? We’ll ask ourselves what we most need to hear, then put those words on a paper mache heart we paint and decorate.
o August Session Activity: Images and Words - What wisdom does nature have for you? We’ll go on a short contemplative walk in the immediate vicinity, use our phone camera to receive a few images, followed by a writing/journaling exercise based on your photos. (Journal included!)
- You will register for each session separately and can attend one, two or all three. They are completely independent.
- Cost for each session is $30.
- Most supplies will be provided. If you need to bring anything, it will be noted in the workshop description.No previous art experience is necessary.
- Maximum of 15 participants per session, so register quick! 😊
A note about who this is NOT for:
· Children. So that those attending feel free to express themselves without worrying about little ears – and so that YOU can have some time away from family responsibilities to care for yourself. Adults over 18 only please.
· Those only interested in learning new art techniques. I believe creativity is healing, and we will engage in some sort of creative practice each month....but it isn’t about the technique…..it’s about connecting. Connecting with yourself, with Spirit and with each other. You might earn something new, but you might not. That’s kinda not the point. 😊
· Anyone who isn’t able to stay for the entire session. I view our time together each session as a sacred container of time and space for connection, creation, and nourishment of our souls. Having folks come in and out is disruptive to everyone. I know stuff happens, and of course there is always grace for those things….but please don’t register if you know in advance that you aren’t able to be present for the entire session.
I am SO looking forward to connecting and exploring with you this summer!
THIS REGISTRATION IS FOR ALL THREE SESSIONS! YAY!!!
For the June class: you will need to bring a watercolor set. Any inexpensive set will do (think dollar store).
For the July class: I will provide everythng you need.
For the August class: I will provide all supplies, including a small journal printed with my artwork!
ALL IN Soul Care Sessions
This ticket registers you for ALL THREE sessions! And for doing so, you get a discount of $5 on each one. Yay!!!!