Thu, Aug 26|
Carroll Baldwin Hall
AUGUST Soul Care Session
Care for your mind, body and spirit through connection and creativity. August Activity - Images and Words
Time & Location
Aug 26, 2021, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Carroll Baldwin Hall, 9035 Baltimore St, Savage, MD 20763, USA
About the Event
**Are you someone who cares deeply for others, but now find yourself feeling uninspired, depleted, and unsure how to refill your own cup?
**Are you feeling a bit adrift and longing for deeper, more authentic connections with others?
**Would you like a few hours in which to explore creativity in a safe and supportive atmosphere?
This past year has been hard on everyone, and we’re still walking an unmarked trail through a new and unfamiliar landscape. A trail that seems to change direction way more often than we'd like. In this weird time, I’m longing for soul care and companions for the journey, which is why I created Soul Care Sessions for us. I'd love to have you join me for the last of the summer SOUL CARE SESSIONS.
Our August Session theme is "Images and Words: The Wisdom of Nature" After a centering guided meditation, we'll go on a brief contemplative walk in the immediate vicinity, use our phone camera to receive a few images, followed by writing/journaling exercises based on your photos.
- A small journal for you to keep will be provided, but feel free to bring your own if you prefer.
- No previous art, photography or writing experience is necessary.
- Maximum of 12 participants per session.
- Cost is $30.
***So that I have supplies for everyone and to comply with COVID requirements, PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. As much as I'd love to, I can't accept walk-up participants.
COVID info: Carroll Baldwin Hall policies require that masks are worn during set-up/clean up while the event monitor is present but not otherwise. You decide what is most comfortable and safe for you. I am fully vaccinated and will not wear a mask while teaching so that you are able to hear me well. Seating arrangements will allow for two people at each 6' table. Again, it's up to you how close you want to sit to your neighbor. It's totally possible to social distance if you choose to sit at either end.
A note about who this is NOT for:
· Children. So that those attending feel free to express themselves without worrying about little ears – and so that YOU can have some time away from family responsibilities to care for yourself. Adults over 18 only please.
· Those only interested in learning new art techniques. I believe creativity is healing, and we will engage in some sort of creative practice each month....but it isn’t about the technique…..it’s about connecting. Connecting with yourself, with Spirit and with each other. You might earn something new, but you might not. That’s kinda not the point. 😊
· Anyone who isn’t able to stay for the entire session. I view our time together each session as a sacred container of time and space for connection, creation, and nourishment of our souls. Having folks come in and out is disruptive to everyone. I know stuff happens, and of course there is always grace for those things….but please don’t register if you know in advance that you aren’t able to be present for the entire session.
I am SO looking forward to connecting and exploring with you this summer!
THIS REGISTRATION IS FOR THE AUGUST SESSION ONLY!
All you need for this session is a digital camera on which you can see photos immediately. Your phone camera is fine. I'll provide everything else you need, including a journal! (But feel free to bring your own if you prefer)
Please know that we will be walking outside for a portion of this session (unless it's thunderstorming). :)
AUGUST Soul Care Session
Registers your for the AUGUST session ONLY.